Senior members of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Ghana (CIIG) have offered to be mentors as part of CIIG’s Mentorship initiative to build future-fit capabilities of insurance professionals in Ghana. The crack mentorship team ofInsurance Practitioners with the requisite professional and leadership capabilities will provide strategic guidance to the younger practitioners toward ensuring that insurance practice and services are of the highest possible standards and conform to internationally accepted best practice.
The mentors, 18 in number, will also provide coaching for 18 younger professionals who are willing and committed to be mentored professionally.
The CIIG mentorship programme is one of the key strategic initiatives under the CIIG’s Defend and Grow strategy.
The mentorship programme is expected to be mutually beneficial for both the mentor and mentee in building professional capability, refining professional skills, leadership development, building values-based relations, andenhancing knowledge across all sectors of insurance – including Life Insurance, General Insurance, Health Insurance, Pensions as well as Insurance regulations and supervision.
Indeed, a collective effort and commitment to this will without a shadow of doubt improve staff competency, thus building the much-needed human capital as well as promoting innovation and growth in the insurance sector, says Rev. Dr. Wyns-Dogbe, one of the Mentors.
The Mentors assembled are: Dr. Gideon Amenyedor, Chief Executive Officer of J in G Business and Management Consultants; Larry Kwesi Jiagge – founder and Managing Director of Risk Management and Advisory Services Limited; Tawiah Ben-Ahmed, CEO of Metropolitan Life Group Ghana; while the others are: Dr. Aaron Issa Anafure, CEO of Quality Life Assurance Company; Mrs. Mercy Kyei, Managing Director, Boaitey and Associates Insurance Brokers Limited; Rev. Dr. Elizabeth Wyns-Dogbe, Managing Director, SIC Life Company Limited; Dzidzorli Adzo Asafo, former General Manager, Vanguard Assurance’ Faris Attrickie, General Manager Technical Operations, SIC Insurance Company; Rev. Bishop Asante Marfo-Ahenkora, Managing Director, Tristar Insurance Services Limited; Akosua Ansah-Antwi, General Manager Operation at Enterprise Insurance Company; Ivan Abubakar Avereyireh, Board Chairman – Imperial Insurance Company; Shaibu Ali, Group Managing Director, KEK Insurance Company; Dr. Geraldine Gina Abaidoo, Vice President CIIG and CEO Perfocus Innovations Limited; Kofi Andoh, Deputy Commissioner, NIC; Jacqueline Benyi, Managing Director, Enterprise Life; George Addison, CEO -Vanguard Life Assurance; Wilson Tei, Chairman, Insurance Awareness Committee; and Edward Forkuo Kyei, Group Managing Director, Glico Group.
Proposed Mentor & Mentee pairings
- Eunice Kyei – Rosina Ama Abrafi Thompson (African Trade Insurance Agency
- Bishop Asante Marfo-Ahenkora – Jennifer Akua Gidi ((Vanguard Life Assurance Co. Ltd.))
- Adzo Asafo Dzidzorli – Bianca Noshie (Insurance Management Services)
- Wilson Tei – Samuel Azong (Vanguard Assurance Co. Ltd.)
- Jacqueline Benyi – Betty Sarpong Dadzie (GLICO Life Insurance Co. Ltd.)
- Akosua Ansah Antwi – Delali Asigbetse (Metropolitan Life Insurance Ghana)
- Shaibu Ali – Christian Agbenyegah (Risk Mgt & Advisory Services)
- George Addison – Richard Atror (National Insurance Commission)
- Elizabeth Wyns-Dogbe – Leninsor Kakrabah-Quarshie (Quality Life Assurance)
- Michael Andoh – Rafique Daudi (Metropolitan Life Insurance Ghana)
- Tawiah Ben-Ahmed – Emmanuel Barrymore-Sackey (FamilyCare Funeral Trust)
- Gideon Amenyedor – Mubarik Ibrahim (iRisk Reinsurance Brokers)
- Faris Attrickie – Salifu Abubakar (Priority Insurance Co. Ltd.)
- Larry Jiagge – Deborah Okaiwa Amoah (Metropolitan Life Insurance Ghana)
- Ivan Avereyireh – Bezeng Newton (BeNew Insurance Agency)
- Aaron Issa Anafure – Richard Ofori Boateng (Horizon Insurance Brokers)
- Edward Forkuo Kyei – Justice Peprah Adjei (National Insurance Commission)
- Geraldine Abaidoo – David Afari Adjei (National Insurance Commission)
The post Senior members of CIIG offer mentorship to younger professionals appeared first on The Business & Financial Times.Read Full Story