• Robbery cases have been on the rise in the country
• Prof Kwesi Aning says crime could become a lucrative business that will threaten peace
• A British journalist was killed recently in the country by armed robbers
Crime has become a very profitable venture as more and more people are engaging in it, Prof.
• A London-based journalist was killed by armed robbers in Ghana
• BBC reports that his body is to be repatriated
• Police in Ghana say they have arrested suspects in connection with the case
The body of Syed Taalay Ahmed, the international journalist who was killed by suspected armed robbers while in Ghana, would be repatriated on Wednesday.
A former Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports under the erstwhile National Democratic Congress (NDC) administration, Joseph Yamin has mentioned Gabby Otchere Darko as one of the people who might face prosecution for corruption should the NDC regain power in 2024.
• The PNC is experiencing some internal wrangling
• An executive of the party interrupted the press event over their General Secretary's suspension
• The police had to intervene and restore calm
A press conference at the national headquarters of the People’s National Convention (PNC) turned chaotic on Wednesday morning when executives were split on the current status of Janet Asana Nabila, the party’s General Secretary.