• Ghana Police Service begins Proactive Preventive Police Strategy under a K-9 Unit
• Police personnel to move through communities with highly-trained security dogs under leash
• PPPS operations to be replicated in other regions
The Ghana Police Service has announced its K-9 Unit, which is manned by personnel and their respectively trained dogs, have commenced outdoor operations.
Duncan Opoku Boateng (Bombay), Chairman of the movement for Bawumia 2024, has asserted that Abraham Boadi, a member of the New Patriotic Party, should halt his campaign for Alan Kyerematen to lead the party in the 2024 elections.
• The defunct Komenda Sugar factory will soon be revived
• The sugar-producing factory is expected to start commercial production from 2022
• The Komenda Sugar Factory was recommissioned in 2016
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has hinted he expects the Komenda Sugar Factory to commence commercial production in the first quarter of 2022.
• The debate over the functionality of the Komenda Sugar factory still rages on
• The latest to comment is President Akufo-Addo
• He has described John Mahama as building a roof without a foundation
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has taken a swipe at his predecessor, John Dramani Mahama over the Komenda Sugar factory.
• What I promised Cape Coast was a landing site, Akufo-Addo insists
• President backs claim with page 88 of NPP 2020 manifesto
• Page 160 of NPP 2020 manifesto promises a new harbour for Cape Coast
Contrary to the expectations of residents and people of Cape Coast in the Central, the construction of a new harbour in the area in the second term of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is not on the list of the President’s commitments.
• President Akufo-Addo is in the Central region for a two-day tour
• Akufo-Addo disappointed in John Mahama over Komenda Sugar Factory
• John Mahama insists plan factored in raw materials for the factory
Ghana’s president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has likened the Komenda Sugar Factory idea and construction to someone building a roof before building the foundation upon which the building will sit.
• Government is expected to present the 2022 budget in November this year
• The central bank is calling for a reset of fiscal policy measures
• Government in its 2021 budget envisaged a fiscal deficit of 13.
• Dr Adusei Poku urges lawmakers to develop the country
• Some MPs have reportedly been denied visas to travel outside the country
• The LGBTQ+ bill is currently before Parliament
The head of legal services at the National Communications Authority (NCA) has urged leaders of the country to consider developing the nation, if it is true that the denial of visa is linked to Promotion of Proper Human Sexual Rights and Ghanaian Family Values 2021 Bill, otherwise known
An Executive Board Member of the National Coalition for Proper Human Sexual Rights, Mr Prince Moses Zakaria has added his voice to those calling for a comprehensive law to address the LGBTQI+ issues in Ghana.