A member of the Confederation of African Football Executive Committee has challenged the continued tenure of General Secretary Véron Mosengo-Omba, claiming he is no longer holding the position in line with CAF regulations.Samir Sobha, president of the Mauritius Football Association, argued that Mosengo-Ombaâ??s mandate has expired and that he should step aside. According to CAFâ??s employment regulations, the compulsory retirement age for staff is 63, with the possibility
FIFA President Gianni Infantino has strongly condemned an incident of alleged racism directed at VinÃcius Júnior during the UEFA Champions League playoff fixture between SL Benfica and Real Madrid CF.The incident occurred during Tuesdayâ??s clash on February 17, 2026, a match in which VinÃcius Júnior proved decisive on the pitch.The Brazilian forward scored the only goal of the playoff encounter, sealing victory for the Spanish giants in a tense European night overshadowed
Maliâ??s Ministry of Youth and Sports has formally requested the dismissal of head coach Tom Saintfiet following the national teamâ??s failure to meet key performance targets outlined in his contract.According to an official correspondence dated 13 January 2026 and addressed to the Malian Football Federation, the ministry cited â??insufficient resultsâ? as the basis for recommending the termination of the Belgian coachâ??s deal.Saintfiet had been assigned four major
Black Starlets recorded a morale-boosting win over Division One League leaders Port City in a pre-tournament friendly, with captain Joseph Narbi scoring the decisive goal.Narbi finished off a well-worked team move just minutes after kickoff, calmly slotting home what proved to be the only goal of the match. The early strike set the tone for a competitive contest that tested the Starletsâ?? organisation and readiness.Port City responded strongly and showed why they sit at the
Hearts of Oak have reaffirmed that midfielder Hamza Issah remains under a valid contract with the club, dismissing reports suggesting his deal has been terminated.In an official statement issued on 18 February 2026, the club said no competent judicial, regulatory, or arbitral body, including the Ghana Football Association Player Status Committee or FIFA, has ruled that the playerâ??s contract has been lawfully ended.Hearts of Oak also rejected claims that they had persistently
Former Black Stars captain Andre Ayew says he is not ready to announce his retirement from active football. At the club level, the 36-year-old, after leaving French side Le Harve at the end of last season, made a return to club football after joining Dutch side NAC Breda.Ayew, who joined the Eredivisie side as a free agent, signed a deal until the end of the season.However, the U-20 World Cup winner last played for the national team during the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON)
Ghana international Andre Ayew has explained the thinking behind his move to Dutch outfit NAC Breda, describing it as a fresh challenge at a competitive level.The 36-year-old joined the Eredivisie side in January on a short-term deal running until the end of the season, having been without a club for six months following his departure from Le Havre AC.In an interview with ESPN, Ayew said the decision to head to the Netherlands was driven by his desire to continue competing at a
Veteran Ghanaian journalist Osei Owusu Bempah has laid the struggles of Asante Kotoko SC squarely at the feet of what he describes as deep-rooted managerial and structural weaknesses within the club.In his assessment, the difficulties confronting the Porcupine Warriors go beyond issues on the pitch. He insists the clubâ??s setbacks are fundamentally administrative, stemming from how it is owned, organised and run.According to him, Kotoko lacks a coherent and efficient management
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube
LinkedIn
RSS