The 2020 Flagbearer and Presidential candidate for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama, says he accepted the ruling of the Supreme Court on the Election 2020 petition for peace to reign.
• The IMF has revised the global growth forecast for 2021
• This is due to supply chain disruptions as a result of COVID-19
• The pandemic has adversely shattered international and domestic markets
The International Monetary Fund has trimmed down growth outlooks for the major industrial nations, Reuters has reported.
• Factories are being revamped under 1 District 1 Factory initiative • The president is commissioning some newly built factories• Both the new and revamped factories will employ people, directly and indirectly
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has in the past two months commissioned some factories under his government’s flagship programme, 1 District 1 factory initiative.
The Majority Leader and Member of Parliament (MP) for Suame constituency, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, has said Parliament will not disappoint the people with regard to the anti-LGBTQI+ bill which is currently before the House.
Santa Mariel ICAL School pupil Richard Tenadu has for the third time running emerged as the best reader of the week in the ongoing Bookworm Season 4 reading reality show
The class three pupil has distinguished himself in three consecutive weeks as the show’s finest so far in the lower primary category.
• The state has failed a review application for the reinstatement of Justice Honyenuga in the Opuni trial
• Dr Opuni’s lawyers argue that Justice Honyenuga denied their client his right to a fair hearing
• Dr Opuni is standing trial for causing financial loss to the state, among other charges
Legal representatives for former Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) CEO, Dr Stephen Opuni say Supreme Court Judge, Justice Clemence Honyenuga had made up his mind to pronounce
• Senyo Hosi has backed calls for the operations of TOR to be privatised
• He says the problems at the refinery over the years makes it a national liability
• TOR is a state-owned crude oil refining firm which was established 1963
Chief Executive of the Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors (CBOD), Senyo Hosi, has backed calls for the privatisation of the Tema Oil Refinery.