• There are controversies surrounding the anti-LGBTQ+ bill laid before parliament • Some people have raised concerns about the bill in its current state • According to them, the bill is defective in its current state and needs to be reviewed
Investigative journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni, has waded into the controversy surrounding the anti-LGBTQI+ bill laid before parliament.
A member of the Ghana National Tenis Team, Naa Anima McKorley who is also a daughter of business mogul Daniel McKorley has won this year’s Sports Woman of The Year 2021 at the Ghana Women’s Award (GOWA Awards).
Chief Executive Officer of First Finance Company Limited, Gloria Akoto has won an honorary award in the pensions category at the just ended Forty under 40 Achievers Awards held at Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
• Merchants and customers have been urged to remain vigilant
• This is to curb the incidents of ATM and card fraud
• The Banking sector has recorded a staggering increase in cyber fraud activities
Merchants providing goods and services in the country have been urged to eschew vigilance in order to curb the growing incidents of ATM or card fraud.
• Prof Gyimah-Boadi has expressed surprise with MPs leading a charge against members of LGBTQ+
• He said, MPs must learn to lead from the front and not from the back
• Prof Gyimah-Boadi is part of some 18 individuals who are against the anti-LGBTQ+ bill
Professor Emmanuel Gyimah-Boadi, says he feels disappointed in Parliament especially with the eight MPs who have drafted a Private Members’ Bill titled: “The Promotion of Proper Human Sexual Rights and Ghanaian
The National Petroleum Authority (NPA), is reviewing export and transit arrangements with Societe Nationale Burkinabe d’Hydrocarbures (SONABHY) to improve petroleum trade between Ghana and Burkina Faso.
• Social media has been riddled with discussions on LGBTQ+ rights and act
• Some 8 MPs put the bill before parliament to push for the criminalization of LGBTQ+ activities
• Some other groups of 18 renowned lawyers and professionals want the bill thrown out as it violates fundamental human rights
The issue of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Intersex Rights (LGBTQ+) act and rights has become a subject for discussion in the country for weeks now.
The Majority Leader in Parliament, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu has told the Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin that he cannot make predetermination for the House in relation to the anti-gay bill which is currently before the legislature.
FLASHBACK: Don’t work at night – Police warns mobile money vendors
The Ghana Police Service, three years ago warned mobile money vendors to stop operating at night due to the increase in armed robbery cases in the country.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has given go-ahead to the National Petroleum Authority (NPA) to exempt consumers of petrol, diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) from paying levies on the three products.